Creating new locations (missing lochhierarchy ond locancestor records )

Forums MxLoader Creating new locations (missing lochhierarchy ond locancestor records )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DVaucher
    Participant

When we create new location via MxLOADER there are no lochierarchy  or locancestor records created.

Unable to change the parent location as it throws up error.

We have currently over 8000 records with no lochierarchy  or locancestor records.

Any Ideas how do I resolve this issue?

janse
    Participant

But my suggestion to try is:
    – Create a Excel with data retrieve from location with parent and create sql statement llike this:

insert into locancestor ( location, ancestor, systemid, siteid, orgid, locancestorid) values (‘MECSCTR’, ‘MEC’, ‘PRIMARY’, ‘MANKATO’, ‘SWG’, 7 )

insert into LOCHIERARCHY (LOCATION,PARENT,SYSTEMID,CHILDREN,SITEID,ORGID, lochierarchyid) values (‘MECSCTR’, ‘MEC’, ‘PRIMARY’, 0 , ‘MANKATO’, ‘SWG’, 17 )

First you need to understand how ancestor and lochierachy works… need to insert many record to create hierachy relationship.

This is more hardcode way… you can also try to create a Objectstructure to work with this kind of relationship. This is more complicated i think.

DVaucher
    Participant

Thanks Janse,

I will forward this on to our Database Admin.

Is there a fix or setting to apply to Maximo when creating a  location via MxlOADER that it will create the records in the LOCANCESTOR and LOCHIERARCHY tables?

janse
    Participant

Each project and data has its particular needs, but in my vanilla implementation I did like this and LocHierachy works very well.

The end user was capable to nav throught the tree without problems.

DVaucher
    Participant

Found the issue, the MxLOADER sheet had LOCHIERARCHY.PARENT LOCHIERARCHY.SYSTEMID should be PARENT SYSTEMID

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top