Loading new records with multiple child objects, only WO+1 object is working

Forums MxLoader Loading new records with multiple child objects, only WO+1 object is working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ed Matthews
    Participant

Hi Bruno, thanks for your work on mxloader!

Is it possible / how to load new records where there are multiple child objects? We have a scenario with this kind of object structure:

• WORKORDER
    • WORKORDER/WOSERVICEADDRESS
    • WORKORDER/CUSTOMOBJ1
    • WORKORDER/CUSTOMOBJ2

When trying Sync-AddChange, the behavior I’m getting is this:

1. When attributes from WORKORDER and any 1 of the other objects, the new records are created with data.
      1. e.g. WONUM | DESCRIPTION | SITEID | CUSTOMOBJ1.ATTR1 | CUSTOMOBJ1.ATTR2
    2. When attributes from a second object are added, the row for the second obj is not created.
      1. e.g.WONUM | DESCRIPTION | SITEID | CUSTOMOBJ1.ATTR1 | CUSTOMOBJ1.ATTR2 | CUSTOMOBJ2.ATTR1
      2. Only WO and CUSTOMOBJ1 attribution is loaded. No row inserted for CUSTOMOBJ2.

Is it possible to insert a new workorder, its three child objects and their attribution?

Best regards,

Ed

MaximoDev

Yes it’s possible but is not that easy. I typically split into separate sheets.

To try to understand how the data must be structured you can use the same template and query an existing object. This should help you understand.

Another way is to enable logging and take a look at how MxLoader builds the XML that is sending to Maximo.

Regards

Ed Matthews
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for the information. I’ll look into how loading might be accomplished with multiple sheets / multiple passes, and also what the xml structure looks like in the logs. I have already been considering if it is possible to convert the data into xml from excel, and then load the new workorders via another method eg SoapUI client, since loading data that way does create a new record successfully, including the workorder and the multiple child objects. I haven’t investigated that in any detail yet, though. Excel loading from mxloader seems simpler if I can find an acceptable configuration.

Regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top