It’s all about Passion
I’m an IBM Maximo thought leader.
Since 2009 I’m helping medium-large clients to successfully implement EAM/ESM solutions.
I’ve been blogging for over a decade, and coding for twice that. I have developed MxLoader and other useful stuff for the Maximo technical community.
This is my online home. If you like my work:
|MaximoDev||My Blog is the result of years of effort in sharing Maximo tips and tricks I have learned on the field. It now has more 250 posts and is the most recognized source of independent information about IBM Maximo.|
|MxLoader||MxLoader is the de-facto standard tool for Maximo data loading. It brings together the power of the Maximo Integration Framework and the flexibility of Excel allowing to quickly manipulate and import data into any Maximo database.|
|Maximo Advanced Reports||Advanced BIRT reports developed for Maximo specialists and system administrators. Maximo health check, security groups overview, system configuration overview, etc.|
|WiFiEsp||Reference Arduino library for the ESP8266 IoT module.|
|ALA||Arduino Light Animation (ALA) is a library for Arduino boards to simplify the development of light animations using LEDs and LED strips.|
- Why I hate automation script variables bindingThere are two approaches when dealing with Maximo automation scripts input and output variables. Using launch point variables – This method is described in the product’s knowledge center and allows to get/set values from/to the database specifying how to bind […]
- How to resend failed emailsSome Maximo implementations massively rely on email communications to notify users about important events like new tickets or assigned tasks. Sometimes outbound emails are also used to implement integration or notify external parties about relevant events. In such environments, it […]
- Automatically calculate Job Plan duration from TasksA small customization I have been recently asked for is to automatically calculate Job Plan duration from Tasks. This can be easily achieved with an automation script on the JOBTASK object. Open the Automation Scripts application and create the following […]
- MxLoader NextGen Beta available now!I’m proud to announce the availability of the beta version of MxLoader based on the new IBM Maximo NextGen APIs. This is a major step to ensure a future-proof tool with better security, performance and reliability. I had to completely […]
- The importance of ‘sameas’ in Database ConfigurationAn often misused feature of Maximo Database Configuration is the ‘Same as Object’ and ‘Same as Attribute’ fields when defining custom database attributes. To understand how this works lets consider the ASSET.LOCATION attribute. As you can see from the screenshot […]
- How to set NULL values with MxLoaderA frequent question from people using MxLoader is how to clear the value of a field. For example, if asset 11230 has the serial number field set to a certain value and we want to blank it out, the following […]