MxDevTidyApp is a small Java application to analyze an IBM Maximo application and detect all unused fields generating a simplified version of the same app removing all such fields.
Advantages of using MxDevTidyApp
- Simplify user interaction with Maximo applications.
- Avoid use of untested/unsupported tabs and fields.
- Increase application load performances.
- Download latest version of MxDevTidyApp from here.
- Extract MxDevTidyApp.zip folder in a directory of your choice.
- Edit MxDevTidyApp.properties entering database credentials. These are used to verify used fields. No changes are made to the database.
- Open Maximo Application Designer and locate the application you want to tidy-up.
- Export the application XML definition. Save it under MxDevTidyApp folder.
- Launch MxDevTidyApp.cmd specifiying the XML file.
- Import the generated appname.tidy.xml application definition