Is your Maximo database in good health?
Maximo Health Check report is a utility for IBM Maximo that can help identify and analyze issues, errors, or incorrect configurations that can lead to unsatisfying system performances.
Adding more JVMs to your application server cluster seldom solves Maximo performance issues. In our experience, the most effective performance improvement techniques are on the database side.
- Data archiving – After several years of usage, Maximo systems may become slow because of the volume of data accumulated. Moving unnecessary data out of the main Maximo tables can greatly improve overall system performances.
- Database indexes optimization – Adding the right indexes and removing the wrong ones is a complex activity that requires deep skills but can produce outstanding results in many cases.
- SQL queries optimization – SQL queries are everywhere in Maximo: start center portlets, application queries, escalations and reports. Those SQL statements are seldom optimized and can lead to slow response times and increased system load.
- Database tuning – Last chance is to fine tune the database server with the support of experienced DBAs. The Maximo Best Practices for System Performance document describes the main settings for supported databases but sometimes specific tuning may be needed.
- Download MxDevReports.zip file and extract it in a folder of your choice.
- Open Administration > Report Administration application and create a new record.
- Enter the following information:
- Report file name: mxdev_healthcheck.rptdesign
- Description: Health Check (MxDev)
- Application: CONFIGUR (Database Configuration)
- Save the record.
- Select Import Report action from the menu and import CONFIGUR/mxdev_healthcheck.rptdesign file.
- Click on Generate Request Page and then on Preview to test the report.
The report may be quite heavy to run on large production environments so we suggest to schedule the execution during non-work hours.
Maximo Health Check report has been tested on Maximo 7.5 and 7.6.
Support is not officially provided but you can post problems or enhancement requests in the community forums and we will do our best to help users get the most out of it.
The report is divided in the following sections:
- Environment overview
- Sites breakdown
- Data Volume
- Data growth
- Crontasks and escalations
- Users Activity
Here are few examples of charts available in the report.