Many times Maximo users and administrator lacks database skills. These are important in several situations:
- Write ‘where clause’ statements to filter data in Maximo UI.
- Develop complex SELECT statements to extract data from multiple tables when developing report.
- Optimize existing queries to solve performance issues.
If you need to improve your SQL skills I suggest you to read few chapters of the SQL Getting Started guide of IBM DB2. This is not just for DB2, SQL syntax is quite similar across different database types.
The important chapters to read are:
- Chapter 4. Using SQL Statements to Access Data
- Chapter 6. Using Operators and Predicates in Queries
- Chapter 7. Advanced SQL (Joins paragraph)
Does anybody have other good SQL tutorials to share?