You know IBM Maximo has a lot of fields and sometimes can be boring entering data. Here are some keyboard shortcuts that can ease the pain. I have highlighted in bold the most common and useful ones.
- Tab > The most important keyboard shortcut is the TAB key. It allows you to move across fields without using the mouse and also performs data validation and auto-completion.
- Space > Select or clear a check box.
- Alt + F1 > Display field help for field in focus.
There are few other useful shortcuts to move across applications.
- Alt + C > Go to the Start Center.
- Alt + G > Open the Go To menu. Use the arrow keys to choose the desired app.
- Alt + B > Bulletins
- Alt + R > Reports
- Alt + P > Profile
- Alt + S > Sign Out
- Alt + H > Help
- Alt + R > Return
- Alt + W > Return with Value
Last but not least you can quickly create and save records with these Toolbar Buttons shortcuts.
- Ctrl + Alt + I > Insert New Record
- Ctrl + Alt + S > Save Record
- Ctrl + Alt + A > Change Status
- Ctrl + Alt + C > Clear changes
- Ctrl + Alt + P > Previous Record
- Ctrl + Alt + N > Next Record
This is a simplified list of the available keyboard shortcuts. For more information refer to the official documentation.
Maximo keyboard shortcuts
2 thoughts on “Maximo keyboard shortcuts”
In Chrome and Internet Explorer, I've set up quick searches for work orders, assets, etc. Based on your previous article on Maximo URLs: http://maximodev.blogspot.com/2012/04/maximo-urls.html
For example, if I type WO in Chrome search, a quick search for work order appears. I just have to type the work order number and Chrome will go to the Maximo work order: