In this article I explain how to attach/associate an action to a push button in an application.
- Create the Action you have to call if not already done (Go To – System Configuration – Platform Configuration – Actions).
- Open your application with the Application Designer and create a Signature Option with the same name of the Action you want to call (Actions – Add/Modify Signature Options – New Row).
- Expand the ‘Advanced Signature Options’ section and set ‘This is an action that must be invoked by user in the UI’.
- Create a Push Button on the application with the following settings
- Event: enter the action name
- Signature Option: READ
- Grant the Signature Option to appropriate users in Security Groups.
Invoke an Action when a button is pressed