This entry is part of the Maximo Java Development series.
In this post I have collected the most important Maximo Business Objects (MBO) development performance tips and suggestions that I have learned during my job as a Maximo Consultant.
These suggestions are partly distilled from the IBM Maximo wiki page trying to organize and simplify the information contained in it. I have also added few new tips based on my professional experience.
Here are the 8 Java Maximo Business Objects (MBO) performance optimization golden rules:
- Avoid using MboSet.count() method in loops
- Use discardable MBOs when possible
- Be light in MBO initialization methods
- Be careful when calling MboSet.save()
- Avoid using setQBE method
- Free resources as soon as possible
- Use efficient SQL
- Access the database via JDBC when performance is critical