To automatically start Maximo or SmartCloud Control Desk (SCCD) when the hosting server starts you need to configure the WebSphere Node Agent to start automatically start at server boot.
Automatically start WebSphere Node Agent
This can be achieved on Windows setting up the WebSphere Node Agent as a Windows service using the WASService command located in the [APPSRVDIR]\bin directory.
WASService -add “Node Agent”
-servername nodeagent -profilePath “[APPSRVDIR]\profiles\[PROFILENAME]”
-restart true -startType automatic
If WebSphere is installed on D:\IBM\WebSphere and the profile is named ctgAppServer the command will look like this:
WASService -add “Node Agent” -servername nodeagent -profilePath “D:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\ctgAppSrv01” -wasHome “D:\IBM\Websphere\Appserver” -logRoot “D:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\ctgAppSrv01\logs\nodeagent” -logFile “D:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\ctgAppSrv01\logs\nodeagent\startNode.log” -restart true -startType automatic
Automatically start Maximo application server
The Maximo application server can now be configured to automatically start when the Node Agent is started using WebSphere Node Monitoring as described in this article.
To implement Node Monitoring use the following steps:
- Log into WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console.
- From the left navigation select Servers > Application Servers.
- Click the appropriate Maximo Application Server (default name MXServer).
- Expand Java and Process Management and click on Monitoring Policy.
- Change the Node restart state to RUNNING
- Click Apply
- Click Save to save the master configuration
- Repeat for each server in the cluster.
An alternative approach is to configure the application server to be started as a windows service as described in this IBM TechNote.
One thought on “Automatically start Maximo or SCCD server”
Which technique do you use or would recommend?
I tried to use both and had some issues with each of them.
– Node monitoring issue – Report engine would not start properly
– Windows Service – Bus engine would not start properly
Maybe my issues are related to the fact that we have a cluster environment. don't know… 🙁