This entry is part of the Maximo Integration Framework series.
How many times you have asked yourself: Should I upgrade?
Maximo Integration Framework has been improved a lot in the recent versions and fixpacks. Look at this list of features and you may find a good reason to upgrade.
- OSLC – Link and share data by using OSLC integration (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration)
- EMail interaction – Enabling email updates for objects and workflow assignments
- REST API – Support for Object Structures and MBOs as REST Resources
- Text JMS messages – Support for messages in a TEXT format
- Publish Channel Eventing – Improved support for capturing events from a child object within an object structure
- Application-based Importing and Exporting – Provide importing and exporting capabilities directly from an application such as WO, PO, Asset etc.
- Support for Application Authorization – Inbound message processing using authorization from an application
- Web Services via the Application Server – Support for JAX-WS leveraging the application server’s container. Allows for support of WS policies such as WS-SECURITY, WS-ADDRESSING, etc.
- BIDI Support – Support for Bi-Directional content within integration messages
- Attachments – Support for including attachments on integration messages
- WorkFlow – Support for initiating/waking up a work flow process via integration
- Nulling Fields – Support for nulling out fields from files and/or interface tables
- View/Delete Queue – UI dialog to view/delete queue messages
- Web Service Interactions – Provide wizard-based UI to build interaction from Maximo to external web service
- Message Reprocessing – Data Import of large files offers ability to manage messages in error via a file
- Data Import – Enhanced features for Preview Mode functionality
- Action Class to support initiating an invocation channel – Pre-built Action class provided to support invocation channel execution
- Integration Query – Support of a SQL WHERE clause
Maximo Integration Framework features
4 thoughts on “Maximo Integration Framework features”
* OSLC – Link and share data by using OSLC integration (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration)
* EMail interaction – Enabling email updates for objects and workflow assignments (ok, not really part of MIF but anyway it's a kind of "integration")
…a little off topic, a post without images can not be Pinterest-ed 😉
Thanks Diego. Post updated.
Looking forward to see you around Venice 😉
The article is very useful! By the way I’m Kelly, a Marketing Manager from Maximo-World (www.maximo-world.com), We have a regular forum of Maximo. If you have any articles you’d like publicize it on our community, please feel free to email it over us at firstname.lastname@example.org